An ASTTBC Initiative
Within the next 5 years ASTTBC and its members commit to and embrace sustainability. Incorporating sustainable practices in the workplace and at home, ASTTBC and its members will contribute to a sustainable economy, society and environment. ASTTBC defines sustainability as meeting current needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
A Statement of Vision
ASTTBC’s TechGREEN initiative serves the membership and the public by promoting a sustainable society and environment. A TechGREEN committee has been established and is working towards these goals through:
- Raising awareness among ASTTBC members of the benefits of achieving sustainability.
- Fostering knowledge and understanding of principles of sustainability with ASTTBC members and the public.
- Promoting technology, education, and careers incorporating sustainable practices.
- Involving the association and its members as key stakeholders and contributors to sustainable activities.
- ASTTBC defining best practice guidelines for both work and personal environments.
- ASTTBC regularly reviewing sustainability plans and program targets and reporting on outcomes.